Thursday, June 09, 2005

yard sale find


new platter
Originally uploaded by sourgrass.

The weekend neighborhood yard sales were great! we got out nice and early as usual with two wagons ready to fill. it's so nice now that the girls are old enough to walk and not get so cranky. they made it about a block or two before they were in the wagon as well. i can't blame them, it was a HOT day. I scored some craft supplies, books, wooden salad bowls, knitting needles, bits of fabric, some salt and pepper shakers, and this adorable pear bowl. it's actually lily's bowl, her $2 but she is letting me borrow it. Shawn got some electronic stuff, some really old computer, and tools. he also got this singing lobster which freaks us all out, but makes for excellent summer decorating.
i'm pretty yard saled out for awhile. the girls get out of school tomorrow. no more kindergardener. my baby is going into 1st, and little lily is allready reading chapter books at night. she reminds me of my sister not only in looks, but how she reads. i'm reading Harry Potter 4 for the 3rd time. It's how I like to start my summer reading. i have a long list of books and we just got our summer reading stuff from the library yesterday. last year i only read 9 books, so i've got to get a bit speedier. i have some new purses to post soon as well as some more finds.

No comments: