Sunday, July 30, 2006

100_2310
I got my fabric from
  • Kitty Craft

  • It was the first time I had every ordered anything from her, and I absolutly love the fabric. It's like a dream come true to be able to order Japanese prints and have them arrive only a few weeks later. Now to figure out what I want to do with them all. I think I'll just stare at them for awhile.
    I had some really great finds at the thrift shop this week. The first thing I spotted was a Ballerina paint by number which I snapped up, along with a set of light blue fire king mugs and saucers. I was also lucky enought to add another cute apron to the collection. This one is a feedsack print with little boys and girls playing on a blue background. I'm feeling lazy about photos, so perhaps if it gets sunny out later I'll get around to it.
    I found a nice pile of old "Woman's Day" Granny Square magzines, as well as these beautiful photographed "Reynolds" pattern books. The models are so sweet, and the sweaters are very contemporary. I got 4 total, 2 on sweaters, one for socks, and one for children. Here are few from the first book
    reynolds cover
    Reynolds magazine
    Reynolds magazine
    Reynolds magazine
    I will have to scan some of the second book, they are a lot more modern, and the hairstyles are adorable.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    I should knit a sweater vest for Gerry like the one in the last picture so he can look like that at Herb David. Phone in one hand, pipe in the other. Looking suave as he orders Fender guitars.

    I love rotary phones. They have such heft about them.

    Stacey