Friday, July 28, 2006

drink up
I noticed today that I have alot of bevereges in my fridge. It's been sooo hot lately that I can't help myself. I feel like I want to just drink nice cool drinks all day long. I don't drink soda, but recently I've been craving cherry coke, real cherry coke like from a soda fountain at the pool hall. I haven't even had any coffee in over 2 weeks! that's really really odd for me, it's just been too hot! Now I see that it's going to be in the high 90's for the next week, I guess I'll stock up on more sweet tea. Which, Shawn was happy to see that Sweet Leaf tea now comes in big jugs. I know I could make some for pennies compared to what the jug cost, but it's so darn easy to just buy it.
Check out my friend Julie's blog
  • Ypsibites
  • it's quite lovely, and i really want to make the cherry tart she has pictured.
    Shawn came accross another great local food blog
  • Kitchen Chick
  • I love her recipes, and the resturaunt reviews are very helpful. I especially like her last entry on "corn smut". I'm not quite as daring in my cooking, but I would eat it if she made it.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    I freaking love everything you have in your fridge. Especially the 365 tangerine soda. OMIGOD that stuff is so good. And the root beer! Yum. I wish I could drink stuff like that all day long. Alas, I must control myself. Have you tried the Trader Joe's Blood Orange soda? Mmmmm.
    Huitlacoche (corn smut) IS good. Sam and I were successfully growing corn for awhile and we usually got at least several ear with it. It's best prepared the same way you do really good mushrooms of any kind. Saute it in butter/olive oil and finish it off with some good organic cream.
    Thanks for the compliment and the plug : )